Wednesday 1 February 2012

Home

Home.

I was in hell being bombed in the Hadean.
I was just alive in the Archean.
I was long present in the Proterozoic.

I was changed by life in the Cambrian.
I brought order to the Ordovician and
I just survived the Silurian.
I nearly drowned in the Devonian, with all those fish!
I made coal in the Carboniferous, delta, changes.
I was probably in the Permian desert dust storms.

I was a playa in the triple, arid, Triassic,
I evolved with  many ‘ites during the Jurassic
I chalked the Cretaceous, fashioning forans and flints.  

I nearly perished in the Paleogene.
I numbered the Neogene.
I quaked in the sometimes chilly Quaternary.

I have lived so long, it may seem perverse,
I want to live to the end of the universe.

I am the worse for wear and war weary.
I am your home, your Earth, cherish me dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment