Tuesday 17 January 2012

See fever


I must on with the poems again, to work on the meter and rhyme,
And all I ask is a thick pad and a pencil to write in time;
And the clock’s tick and the word’s wrong and the white page waiting
And a red mist before my eyes, and a lliteration grating.

I must on with the poems again, for the call of the coming test,
Is a tough call and a clear call where I must try my best;
And all I ask is a clear cut say with the helpful feedback coming,
And the hung line and the thrown word and the short syllables humming

I must on with the poems again, to the lonely writing life
To the poet’s work and the author’s work where the chair’s like a snagging knife;
And all I ask is a cheering word from a smiling fellow author,
And clear rhyme and a clean line when the long edit’s over.

No comments:

Post a Comment